Other College Football

Started by Show-Me Hog, Apr 05, 2023, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornhogio

Never squat with your spurs on!

vegashog

so that's going to be the first case of faking an injury that will cost a coach?

Barton Fink

It's crazy how much talent has brought in over the last several years but have had Stetson Bennett and Carson Beck at QB.

DrMongoose

Check your damn blood pressure!

"They've got to do a better job preparing our young men and putting them in positions to be succesful." - Hunter Yurachek 9/15/25

mde114

I would love to see Auburn knock them off.

FNG

Quote from: mde114 on Nov 19, 2024, 11:12 PMI would love to see Auburn knock them off.

My brain agrees with you but I don't know how many more Faustian bargains my soul can endure.

Vito Porkleone

The most Aggie thing ever would be to lose this weekend, then beat Texas.

Ray Zorback

I just saw the line on this game is A&M -2.5. Thought it should be way more. Hell, even Arkansas beat Auburn.
irritatingly incompetent & infuriatingly unhelpful

vegashog


Thin Red Swine


BASS

Kind of a shit slate of games this week.  If Indiana was normal Indiana and Army was normal Army, BY-ASU would be the ranked vs ranked game this week.  Lots of people playing cream puff non-cons before their big rivalry game next week.
Fuck your feelings
Ain't found a way to kill me yet
I have hawgtism

Guardrail

Notre Dame gets Army this weekend. I'd love to see ND get got.   
The same people demanding everyone embrace your beliefs, have zero tolerance and condemn another for embracing theirs.  Oh, the irony.

Doc Hogaday

Haha...#1 player in the country and LSU QB commit just flipped to Michigan. Brian Kelly may be in trouble down there.

In other news, #2 player in the country, also a QB, committed to Deion this morning.
Pants ironed and back for more

jdcatty

what's going on, egregious?   Did Ga Tech bench Haynes King?
Apparently retarded member of the "fucking old people" crowd as defined by Swahili Steve.

egregious

Quote from: jdcatty on Nov 21, 2024, 07:51 PMwhat's going on, egregious?   Did Ga Tech bench Haynes King?

He has been hurt for about 6 weeks, played through it somewhat, been getting worse.  They did the 2 QB thing last week but that only works once.  I am guessing it is going to be Philo from here on out.  I liked the way he looked a lot better as the game went on.  This is the first game he got more of the package to run.  Before you kind of knew he was coming in because they needed to pass.

Oh, and for anyone wondering, the Tech board I participate in is whinier than here by a LOT when it is a close game. :stache:

Y'all should all adopt a second team.  It is fascinating to see fanbases of vastly different schools act EXACTLY the same.  I fell into 2 fanbases growing up one place and going to school in another.  I never could get into following Minnesota but what little I saw there = same shit, different team.
Splash 11! drop ABE track, too confusing

animal

Quote from: BASS on Nov 21, 2024, 11:20 AMKind of a shit slate of games this week.  If Indiana was normal Indiana and Army was normal Army, BY-ASU would be the ranked vs ranked game this week.  Lots of people playing cream puff non-cons before their big rivalry game next week.
Yes that's what La Tech was thinking when they scheduled Arkansas
"I got fired for using free speech" yea imagine getting killed over it

FNG

Quote from: egregious on Nov 22, 2024, 07:52 AMY'all should all adopt a second team.  It is fascinating to see fanbases of vastly different schools act EXACTLY the same.  I fell into 2 fanbases growing up one place and going to school in another.  I never could get into following Minnesota but what little I saw there = same shit, different team.
My next door neighbor in Virginia was a great guy and great neighbor. He was a big Hokie fan, came from a family of decades-long season ticket holders and went to most home games (even though we lived 4 hours from Blacksburg).

VaTech had fallen on hard times during our last couple years in Virginia and I would commiserate with him after a weekend where both the Hogs and Hokies lost. I would be seething over the Hog loss but when I'd say something like "I can't believe the refs robbed you of that game-winning TD with that bogus offensive PI call" he would respond with a "Yeah, that was bad...so, anyway, what are you guys doing for dinner?" like we were discussing a patch of crabgrass on his lawn.

I always envied his attitude.

vegashog

lashlee signs an extension. smu doesn't have to disclose terms, but i'll bet there was a pretty hefty raise involved.

Thin Red Swine

Quote from: vegashog on Nov 22, 2024, 12:06 PMlashlee signs an extension. smu doesn't have to disclose terms, but i'll bet there was a pretty hefty raise involved.

Yep just driving up the price for when we hire him after the end of next season.

mr.zorak

Quote from: egregious on Nov 22, 2024, 07:52 AMY'all should all adopt a second team.

I did in 1985.

That's why I'm here. ;D
"Top Ten Dooshapalooza Finalist Threeve Years Running"

"He has no time for sons of dicks and bitches."
~Third_down_draw