Razorback Football

Started by Silence Of The Hams, Mar 08, 2023, 03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feral

Quote from: Thin Red Swine on Oct 30, 2024, 09:23 PMYeah something didn't add up there. DJ seemed to check out about halfway through.

I'll say this - DJ is a hell of a guy and a great ambassador for the program.

He pressed Ty on several things, basically made him admit that Pittman dismissing him from the team was the right thing to do, and gave him some really good life advice and mentorship.

It was pretty powerful when he was basically saying "I get that you're probably frustrated in this moment, but let that stuff go, don't hold grudges in life."

He needs to replace Grovey as the radio color commentator ASAP. His breakdowns are great, and he calls it like he sees it, the good and the bad.

DirkPiggler

Quote from: Feral on Oct 30, 2024, 09:35 PMI'll say this - DJ is a hell of a guy and a great ambassador for the program.

He pressed Ty on several things, basically made him admit that Pittman dismissing him from the team was the right thing to do, and gave him some really good life advice and mentorship.

It was pretty powerful when he was basically saying "I get that you're probably frustrated in this moment, but let that stuff go, don't hold grudges in life."

He needs to replace Grovey as the radio color commentator ASAP. His breakdowns are great, and he calls it like he sees it, the good and the bad.

Putting DJ on the broadcast team is the surest way to get him to stop calling it like he sees it. 
Perish peacefully in a warm environment.

hit_that_line

Quote from: Feral on Oct 30, 2024, 09:18 PMTy Washington went on DJ's podcast today.

Didn't get much out of it other than he claimed he was having some mental health issues and confirmed he refused to go into the Mississippi State game (which he admitted was a shitty thing to do in retrospect).

He didn't come off as bitter or angry. Just lost and a bit aloof.

He made it sound fairly acute (just found out that his grandmother had gone into hospice care and it messed him up) and that he was wanting counseling, yet he said when Pittman kicked him off the team that Pittman told him he'd been a problem for 3 years.

As with most things, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
He tried to leave previously.

animal

Quote from: DirkPiggler on Oct 31, 2024, 07:11 AMPutting DJ on the broadcast team is the surest way to get him to stop calling it like he sees it. 

I really enjoy his content and think he's old enough to have the wisdom and young enough to relate to this generations kids.

I'm a bit surprised he isn't on SEC Network but maybe he just wanted to work the local celebrity tv vibe. I guess he's still on the local news I don't ever put it on.

"I got fired for using free speech" yea imagine getting killed over it

hit_that_line

Quote from: animal on Oct 31, 2024, 08:20 AMI really enjoy his content and think he's old enough to have the wisdom and young enough to relate to this generations kids.

I'm a bit surprised he isn't on SEC Network but maybe he just wanted to work the local celebrity tv vibe. I guess he's still on the local news I don't ever put it on.


SEC network gig doesn't come with a harem of PA wives.

Ray Zorback

Quote from: animal on Oct 31, 2024, 08:20 AMI really enjoy his content and think he's old enough to have the wisdom and young enough to relate to this generations kids.

I'm a bit surprised he isn't on SEC Network but maybe he just wanted to work the local celebrity tv vibe. I guess he's still on the local news I don't ever put it on.



He is on the local news. He is terrible at that, total opposite of his podcast.
irritatingly incompetent & infuriatingly unhelpful

mde114

Kid refused to go into the Miss State game. Can't have that. He's got to go.

Vito Porkleone

Why even dress out if you have this going on?  I can't imagine getting this news while you're on the field before the game.  Surely it had to have happened before you left the locker room.  If you're a mental mess, go to the coaches before the game and tell them what's going on and keep your ass in the locker room.  Once you dress, you hit the field when your number is called.

My guess is he was already in the doghouse for something prior to this, and Sat was the last straw.

FNG

At the end of the podcast, DJ made an interesting point concerning "the changing landscape" of college football.

He juxtaposed his, almost fatherly, "phone call away" relationship with his coaches at Arkansas during his pre-NIL/portal playing days against the current, NFL businesslike attitude that coaches have toward players today.

I think he was basically telling current/potential college players in today's world of pay-for-play, if you are looking for a friend, you better buy a dog.


Pig Benis

Quote from: FNG on Oct 31, 2024, 09:25 AMAt the end of the podcast, DJ made an interesting point concerning "the changing landscape" of college football.

He juxtaposed his, almost fatherly, "phone call away" relationship with his coaches at Arkansas during his pre-NIL/portal playing days against the current, NFL businesslike attitude that coaches have toward players today.

I think he was basically telling current/potential college players in today's world of pay-for-play, if you are looking for a friend, you better buy a dog.



100%. It's all business now. Your feelings don't mean shit.
The Lord wants you to put your foot on their balls and believe in it. 'Cuz that's what wins football games. Not jumping offsides like a bunch of wimps and faggots. I don't care what those pinkos over in Russia say. You want to be a loser? You go live in Russia. I'm a winner. I'm an American.

buff2.0

Quote from: FNG on Oct 31, 2024, 09:25 AMAt the end of the podcast, DJ made an interesting point concerning "the changing landscape" of college football.

He juxtaposed his, almost fatherly, "phone call away" relationship with his coaches at Arkansas during his pre-NIL/portal playing days against the current, NFL businesslike attitude that coaches have toward players today.

I think he was basically telling current/potential college players in today's world of pay-for-play, if you are looking for a friend, you better buy a dog.



Would this have been under the big meanie that's our current OC? 
"That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit."

For $7 mil I'll put a webcam in front of my shitter so I can answer fan questions while I drop the Longhorns off in College Station.

Once authored a post that critics claimed, "Was notaslibro level."

animal

I listened to the whole thing between DJ and Ty and have to agree with DJs sentiment if you in a uni and they call your number you gotta go in.

Now the team may need to address their lax attitude toward mental health as that's bit some other programs in the ass in recent years. Luckily I doubt our lapdog media makes a thing of it.

I think the coaches see this as a dude that doesn't play thru pain and isn't 💯 committed to getting it done. Maybe he's one excuse after another and the granny thing was just another one that the coaches were aware of. Maybe the coaches just don't give a shit.

Reminds me of how players would say Nutt treated them after he was done with them. 

Pittman playing the assertive role like he's someones puppet sounds like about right for a head coach "playing head coach"....

I wouldn't be shocked if the TE coach said they need to bounce him and the other guy and get a jump on TE crooting.


"I got fired for using free speech" yea imagine getting killed over it

Third_down_draw

Quote from: animal on Oct 31, 2024, 11:25 AMI listened to the whole thing between DJ and Ty and have to agree with DJs sentiment if you in a uni and they call your number you gotta go in.

Now the team may need to address their lax attitude toward mental health as that's bit some other programs in the ass in recent years. Luckily I doubt our lapdog media makes a thing of it.

I think the coaches see this as a dude that doesn't play thru pain and isn't 💯 committed to getting it done. Maybe he's one excuse after another and the granny thing was just another one that the coaches were aware of. Maybe the coaches just don't give a shit.

Reminds me of how players would say Nutt treated them after he was done with them.

Pittman playing the assertive role like he's someones puppet sounds like about right for a head coach "playing head coach"....

I wouldn't be shocked if the TE coach said they need to bounce him and the other guy and get a jump on TE crooting.


We just need a safe closet for these kids to stay in when they get a case of the feels.

animal

Quote from: Third_down_draw on Oct 31, 2024, 11:41 AMWe just need a safe closet for these kids to stay in when they get a case of the feels.
That's not a bad idea. Maybe have a motivation coach in there with the player
"I got fired for using free speech" yea imagine getting killed over it

Borenutz

Quote from: animal on Oct 31, 2024, 11:25 AMI listened to the whole thing between DJ and Ty and have to agree with DJs sentiment if you in a uni and they call your number you gotta go in.

Now the team may need to address their lax attitude toward mental health as that's bit some other programs in the ass in recent years. Luckily I doubt our lapdog media makes a thing of it.

I think the coaches see this as a dude that doesn't play thru pain and isn't 💯 committed to getting it done. Maybe he's one excuse after another and the granny thing was just another one that the coaches were aware of. Maybe the coaches just don't give a shit.

Reminds me of how players would say Nutt treated them after he was done with them.

Pittman playing the assertive role like he's someones puppet sounds like about right for a head coach "playing head coach"....

I wouldn't be shocked if the TE coach said they need to bounce him and the other guy and get a jump on TE crooting.




Sadly that's how this younger generation is today, even in the workforce. They aren't scared to call off for the weakest shit. Then come asking why they aren't getting good raises or promotions.

Guardrail

Quote from: Borenutz on Oct 31, 2024, 12:34 PMSadly that's how this younger generation is today, even in the workforce. They aren't scared to call off for the weakest shit. Then come asking why they aren't getting good raises or promotions.
See also: Grown ass man mad cause he has to work on his birthday.
The same people demanding everyone embrace your beliefs, have zero tolerance and condemn another for embracing theirs.  Oh, the irony.

Son of Spam

Quote from: Third_down_draw on Oct 31, 2024, 11:41 AMWe just need a safe closet for these kids to stay in when they get a case of the feels.
https://youtu.be/siOR4meeMSo
Well, shit...

The Whyte Boar

Quote from: Guardrail on Oct 31, 2024, 01:07 PMSee also: Grown ass man mad cause he has to work on his birthday.

This birthday shit has gotten out of hand. Used to be only a certain demographic did that. 

FNG

Quote from: buff2.0 on Oct 31, 2024, 10:50 AMWould this have been under the big meanie that's our current OC? 
Heh. I believe he actually said his position coaches (which would have been Shibest, Tim Horton and Chip Long) but he casually refers to The Petrion by his first name now so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

mde114

Quote from: Guardrail on Oct 31, 2024, 01:07 PMSee also: Grown ass man mad cause he has to work on his birthday.

I have a better one: management called off work tonight so genZ parents can take their kids trick-or-treating.