Razorback Football

Started by Silence Of The Hams, Mar 08, 2023, 03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardrail

Quote from: The Whyte Boar on Oct 31, 2024, 01:36 PMThis birthday shit has gotten out of hand. Used to be only a certain demographic did that. 
Man. 35 yr old people telling me "it's my birthday so I'll be off on that day." In a professional setting. You know you're not 8 right? I don't get it I guess.
The same people demanding everyone embrace your beliefs, have zero tolerance and condemn another for embracing theirs.  Oh, the irony.

BASS

I use PTO for my birthday. It's my goddamn day, I get one a year. I'll be damned if I'm fucking working.
Fuck your feelings
Ain't found a way to kill me yet
I have hawgtism

hit_that_line

Quote from: BASS on Oct 31, 2024, 02:53 PMI use PTO for my birthday. It's my goddamn day, I get one a year. I'll be damned if I'm fucking working.
I don't give a shit how people use their time. It's theirs to use. Don't even track it closely really. Work hard and don't abuse it.

Borenutz

Quote from: BASS on Oct 31, 2024, 02:53 PMI use PTO for my birthday. It's my goddamn day, I get one a year. I'll be damned if I'm fucking working.
.   

Probably a little different than our fb player refusing to go in the game. You probably scheduled that day well in advance as to not hose your employer, if your presence if somewhat critical at work. As opposed to partying too hard the night before and calling in on your birthday. Thats more like what these kids do, they don't give a shit if they leave you hanging.

HughJasole

Quote from: Borenutz on Oct 31, 2024, 12:34 PMSadly that's how this younger generation is today, even in the workforce. They aren't scared to call off for the weakest shit. Then come asking why they aren't getting good raises or promotions.

I had a female millennial coworker leave early on Fridays at my old job routinely because she was "tired." She would straight up tell the boss that. She was scheduled until 4 PM and would leave at like 130 or 2.

animal

Quote from: BASS on Oct 31, 2024, 02:53 PMI use PTO for my birthday. It's my goddamn day, I get one a year. I'll be damned if I'm fucking working.
What are you 8 years old? :))
"I got fired for using free speech" yea imagine getting killed over it

aaron

Quote from: Third_down_draw on Oct 31, 2024, 11:41 AMWe just need a safe closet for these kids to stay in when they get a case of the feels.

Mike Leach tried that. Backfired.

Usafhawg


Show-Me Hog

Quote from: HughJasole on Oct 31, 2024, 03:59 PMI had a female millennial coworker leave early on Fridays at my old job routinely because she was "tired." She would straight up tell the boss that. She was scheduled until 4 PM and would leave at like 130 or 2.

She must have been hot.

buff2.0

Quote from: Show-Me Hog on Oct 31, 2024, 05:28 PMShe must have been hot.

Bet she runs for President one day
"That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit."

For $7 mil I'll put a webcam in front of my shitter so I can answer fan questions while I drop the Longhorns off in College Station.

Once authored a post that critics claimed, "Was notaslibro level."

Feral

Quote from: Vito Porkleone on Oct 31, 2024, 08:54 AMMy guess is he was already in the doghouse for something prior to this, and Sat was the last straw.

Same.

Also, he mentioned getting a call from Turner to come to the facility to meet Pittman at 2pm. He said when he got there the players were coming off the field, which means he probably skipped practice that day.

Pittman had no choice but to boot him or he'd have risked losing the locker room.

Feral

Quote from: FNG on Oct 31, 2024, 09:25 AMAt the end of the podcast, DJ made an interesting point concerning "the changing landscape" of college football.

He juxtaposed his, almost fatherly, "phone call away" relationship with his coaches at Arkansas during his pre-NIL/portal playing days against the current, NFL businesslike attitude that coaches have toward players today.

I think he was basically telling current/potential college players in today's world of pay-for-play, if you are looking for a friend, you better buy a dog.

Yep.

When asked about his relationship with his position coach, Washington made it sound like Turner was a damn good TE coach but that he doesn't seem to give a shit about the players' personal lives, unlike Loggains.

DJ's response was basically "I got news for you, that's the way it is in the NFL, all business, and you guys are basically professionals now." 

As Cal said on Coach K's podcast, you're a pro now and I'm gonna treat you like a pro.

buff2.0

"That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit."

For $7 mil I'll put a webcam in front of my shitter so I can answer fan questions while I drop the Longhorns off in College Station.

Once authored a post that critics claimed, "Was notaslibro level."

animal

Quote from: Usafhawg on Oct 31, 2024, 05:12 PMDo you not take PTO?
Sure every year around my birthday I take a week to 10 days to go hunting. :stache:
"I got fired for using free speech" yea imagine getting killed over it

wmr

Quote from: DrMongoose on Oct 29, 2024, 05:18 PMSeriously, what is he brining to the table? what is he giving the program and that no one else can? What is he doing to justify his salary? Press Briefings and coaches shows?

A super-cool catchphrase that everybody fucking still loves!!

'TURN THAT DAMN JUKEBOX UP!'

hahahahahahaha.  I fucking love this so fucking much, give the fat-ass a raise!
I'm on smoko, so leave me alone.

Thin Red Swine

Quote from: wmr on Nov 01, 2024, 02:00 PMA super-cool catchphrase that everybody fucking still loves!!

'TURN THAT DAMN JUKEBOX UP!'

hahahahahahaha.  I fucking love this so fucking much, give the fat-ass a raise!

YESSSSIRRRR was as popular. Sam doesn't seem to possess the energy for either now. 

TC

Quote from: Thin Red Swine on Nov 01, 2024, 07:12 PMYESSSSIRRRR was as popular. Sam doesn't seem to possess the energy for either now. 

Larry has a spot on a shelf in his office. What more do you want?

Texzilla

Quote from: aaron on Oct 31, 2024, 04:26 PMMike Leach tried that. Backfired.

He underestimated the influence of a famous broadcaster that also killed hookers

egregious

Quote from: Texzilla on Nov 02, 2024, 06:25 AMHe underestimated the influence of a famous broadcaster that also killed hookers*

*allegedly
Splash 11! drop ABE track, too confusing

BASS

Quote from: egregious on Nov 02, 2024, 10:36 AM*allegedly

Much higher chance Craig James killed hookers than that dude fucked an ostrich.
Fuck your feelings
Ain't found a way to kill me yet
I have hawgtism