Other College Football

Started by Show-Me Hog, Apr 05, 2023, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borenutz

Hiring Gundy would have quite a few similarities to hiring Cal.

Show-Me Hog

Quote from: Borenutz on Nov 05, 2024, 06:18 PMHiring Gundy would have quite a few similarities to hiring Cal.

In what way? They're both men over 40?


Doc Hogaday

Yeah I didn't get that comparison either. Cal is far more accomplished, older, and manages a roster of 12 or so instead of 100+. Gundy 12 years ago maybe, a big hell no now. Same for Gus.
Pants ironed and back for more

animal

If going young but not too young. I think Jamey Chadwell or Joey McGuire would be a possibility. I'm just not seeing a lot of names that really move the needle and this may end up being a be careful what you wish for kind of hiring cycles coming...
"I got fired for using free speech" yea imagine getting killed over it

vegashog

chadwell is one of those names you hear every time an opening has come in the last couple of years but there he is at liberty.

he had a good enough resume at coastal carolina to get a better job, so imo either he's where he wants to be or he's waiting for a specific opening. 

Feral

Quote from: vegashog on Nov 05, 2024, 07:30 PMchadwell is one of those names you hear every time an opening has come in the last couple of years but there he is at liberty.

he had a good enough resume at coastal carolina to get a better job, so imo either he's where he wants to be or he's waiting for a specific opening. 

Isn't there some weird smoke with Chadwell about how his wife doesn't want to move away from the mid-Atlantic coast?

I could've sworn that was the prevailing rumor during the last time he was a hot name in the coaching carousel, but who knows. Could he the new "Chris Petersen's kid" type of rumor.

buff2.0

We will get him a new wife, no problems. 
"That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit."

For $7 mil I'll put a webcam in front of my shitter so I can answer fan questions while I drop the Longhorns off in College Station.

Once authored a post that critics claimed, "Was notaslibro level."

Doc Hogaday

Odom is 47. Mullen is 52...which surprised me, I would have taken the over.

What do we consider young these days?
Pants ironed and back for more

Barton Fink

Maybe it's just me, but anyone with the letters C H A D in their name is a no. That goes for first and last names.

animal

Quote from: Doc Hogaday on Nov 05, 2024, 08:00 PMOdom is 47. Mullen is 52...which surprised me, I would have taken the over.

What do we consider young these days?
I don't know that we want a 30 something learning to coach but we've got a 60 something learning to coach so there's that.
"I got fired for using free speech" yea imagine getting killed over it

Borenutz

Quote from: Show-Me Hog on Nov 05, 2024, 06:42 PMIn what way? They're both men over 40?



Uh. Both schools were/are likely ready to part ways due to underperforming expectations, both have been at respective schools for 15+ years, Neither are spring chickens (57 vs 65), both are fairly well regarded. Idk. Seems very similar scenario to me but whatever.

Borenutz

Quote from: Doc Hogaday on Nov 05, 2024, 06:58 PMYeah I didn't get that comparison either. Cal is far more accomplished, older, and manages a roster of 12 or so instead of 100+. Gundy 12 years ago maybe, a big hell no now. Same for Gus.

To be clear, I did not mean that as a resounding endorsement of Mulletman.  Just meant that they are/were in somewhat similar positions. Cal is obviously a bigger name with a better resume. But mulletman has had a pretty respectable career as well. I would prefer someone else but we could do a lot worse. But I do think he's performed at the level of talent he's had or maybe even worse. You could say the same of cal as well.

The Whyte Boar

I get Gundy being pissy.  Before him, Pat Jones at 62-60 was the winningest coach at OSU.  Gundy literally made that program.

vegashog

Quote from: The Whyte Boar on Nov 05, 2024, 10:23 PMI get Gundy being pissy.  Before him, Pat Jones at 62-60 was the winningest coach at OSU.  Gundy literally made that program.
with texass and ou gone, they were picked right behind utah to win the b12. instead they have totally shit the bed.

he's an idiot thinking the fans weren't going to be happy and acted like a bitch when they let him know it. all fanbases are 'what have you done for me lately', and he's been around long enough to know that.

The Whyte Boar

Quote from: vegashog on Nov 05, 2024, 10:31 PMwith texass and ou gone, they were picked right behind utah to win the b12. instead they have totally shit the bed.

he's an idiot thinking the fans weren't going to be happy and acted like a bitch when they let him know it. all fanbases are 'what have you done for me lately', and he's been around long enough to know that.

Yeah, well, he likely doesn't give a fuck what they think.

Borenutz

Quote from: The Whyte Boar on Nov 05, 2024, 10:23 PMI get Gundy being pissy.  Before him, Pat Jones at 62-60 was the winningest coach at OSU.  Gundy literally made that program.

Almost every fan base in America would be pissed at those comments and wanting to run him out of town, including ours, especially. Nuttesesque. I get him being pissed that they're upset given what he's done there, relatively speaking but you can't say that and not expect to have backlash.

mr.zorak

My wife and I are going to be at the Cowbell U game tomorrow night. Fortunately looks like the weather will be dry.
"Top Ten Dooshapalooza Finalist Threeve Years Running"

"He has no time for sons of dicks and bitches."
~Third_down_draw

Son of Spam

Couldn't find the pussification of football thread, but:
You cannot view this attachment.
Well, shit...

mr.zorak

Quote from: Son of Spam on Nov 08, 2024, 07:06 PMCouldn't find the pussification of football thread, but:
You cannot view this attachment.
:thumb_up:
"Top Ten Dooshapalooza Finalist Threeve Years Running"

"He has no time for sons of dicks and bitches."
~Third_down_draw

Papa Pigeritus

Quote from: Barton Fink on Nov 05, 2024, 08:06 PMMaybe it's just me, but anyone with the letters C H A D in their name is a no. That goes for first and last names.

This. Or anyone who wears a visor.