Razorback Football

Started by Silence Of The Hams, Mar 08, 2023, 03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodhog14

Quote from: DirkPiggler on Oct 29, 2024, 08:49 AMI think Kennedy had him playing out of position.  He looked good at guard Saturday. 



Correct. He is a guard, not a tackle.

hit_that_line

Quote from: bigpig on Oct 29, 2024, 11:54 AMI think it's shameful that a former OL coach doesn't appreciate the value in having a top tier line to make or break your offense. You can have the best QB and receivers in the world, but if the QB is getting pressured as soon as he drops back, your offense isn't going anywhere.

NIL money needs to be spent on elite linemen. You can have good (not great) receivers and a great line, and you will have a great offense.
We spent NIL on OL.

Spiderham

Quote from: hit_that_line on Oct 29, 2024, 09:05 AMRedshirts are useless in todays game.
So likely one of the most important aspects of today's college football. 
Oak Grove in the house.

animal

I think with portal players this staff seems to really prefer guys they can get multiple years out of. 

You look at our linebacker haul...Larry Worth III, Xavian Sorey, and Dix Jr all I think can come back next season plus we have Spence so that's not a bad group. Carson Dean will be a year older. JuJu Pope was brought in as a LB currently listed with the RBs. Alex Sanford is another young guy that's in the soup.

Marquise Robinson I think might still have a super senior year coming to him if that's still a thing.
Miguel Mitchell finally getting out on the field, played some for Florida last season. I think he's been injured. He can come back

We'll probably need to go heavy on DL in the NIL marketplace. Danny Saili from BYU gets to come back for a year or two. He's a big motherfucker. Nico and Cameron could come back. Rhoads as well may be poised for a big year next season. Landers probably goes pro. Kavion Henderson may contribute by next season. A couple other big motherfuckers on the roster will likely play more next season but still not sold on there being much star power among this group. I think Quincy Rhoads has the tools to be a great rush end but doesn't have the every down motor to make it happen.











"I got fired for using free speech" yea imagine getting killed over it

hit_that_line

Quote from: Spiderham on Oct 29, 2024, 01:28 PMSo likely one of the most important aspects of today's college football.
I hope you're not in surgery while drunk.

hit_that_line

Quote from: animal on Oct 29, 2024, 01:35 PMI think with portal players this staff seems to really prefer guys they can get multiple years out of.

You look at our linebacker haul...Larry Worth III, Xavian Sorey, and Dix Jr all I think can come back next season plus we have Spence so that's not a bad group. Carson Dean will be a year older. JuJu Pope was brought in as a LB currently listed with the RBs. Alex Sanford is another young guy that's in the soup.

Marquise Robinson I think might still have a super senior year coming to him if that's still a thing.
Miguel Mitchell finally getting out on the field, played some for Florida last season. I think he's been injured. He can come back

We'll probably need to go heavy on DL in the NIL marketplace. Danny Saili from BYU gets to come back for a year or two. He's a big motherfucker. Nico and Cameron could come back. Rhoads as well may be poised for a big year next season. Landers probably goes pro. Kavion Henderson may contribute by next season. A couple other big motherfuckers on the roster will likely play more next season but still not sold on there being much star power among this group. I think Quincy Rhoads has the tools to be a great rush end but doesn't have the every down motor to make it happen.












I love the posts that list every single player on the team!

animal

Quote from: hit_that_line on Oct 29, 2024, 01:44 PMI love the posts that list every single player on the team!
I knew this was coming. Actually I was going to make a video recording of my prediction of this post but got busy chatting online with babes
"I got fired for using free speech" yea imagine getting killed over it

piglosopher



I'd put both Oline and Dline as average to mediocre.

Without changing anything else, a better line (and kicker), we'd have won vs OSU, probably ATM, and be in it to the end vs LSU.

So I also like to see us go for some dudes in the portal after the year.

The Whyte Boar

I kind of think we were playing the wrong kicker.  This guy playing now I know missed one the other day, but he just seems more comfortable back there than the guy who started the season. I can't exactly put my finger on it but that is just my perception.

buff2.0

I'm surprised someone thinks our Oline is even mediocre

You portal people have to realize that these keeids worked hard to earn their spot in this Razorback family and it wouldn't be fair to demote them just because someone else is better. 
"That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit."

For $7 mil I'll put a webcam in front of my shitter so I can answer fan questions while I drop the Longhorns off in College Station.

Once authored a post that critics claimed, "Was notaslibro level."

Cornhogio

Quote from: bigpig on Oct 29, 2024, 11:54 AMNIL money needs to be spent on elite linemen. You can have good (not great) receivers and a great line, and you will have a great offense.

100% agree.  O line and D line are the cutting edge.  Followed by defensive backs.  Great lines can make most QB's and RB's look good. 
Never squat with your spurs on!

animal

Looking ahead to next season we'll be replacing a ton of WR production. Mainly Armstrong but certainly looks like Teslaa and Broden will get some balls down the stretch.

TOP RETURNING players...
Isaiah Sategna, Jordan Anthony, CJ Brown, Krosse Johnson, and Monte Harrison 
*I don't know that there are any studs in that bunch. I could see Isaiah having a big step up again and get a lot of passes but I'm not sure he's rounding into a PRO by any means. 

Other guys that haven't done much...
Dazmin James 
Davion Dozier 
Bryce Stephens (is somehow still on the team)
"I got fired for using free speech" yea imagine getting killed over it

woodhog14

Quote from: piglosopher on Oct 29, 2024, 02:11 PMI'd put both Oline and Dline as average to mediocre.

Without changing anything else, a better line (and kicker), we'd have won vs OSU, probably ATM, and be in it to the end vs LSU.

So I also like to see us go for some dudes in the portal after the year.
We would have won those games if we didn't turn the ball over 3 times each game and not take the ball away. LSU game would have been closer if we didn't turn the ball over and we would have had a chance if we didn't turn the ball over 3 times..

Piggielicious

Poor blocking by the OL contributed to some of the turnovers.

mde114

Quote from: woodhog14 on Oct 29, 2024, 04:14 PMWe would have won those games if we didn't turn the ball over 3 times each game and not take the ball away. LSU game would have been closer if we didn't turn the ball over and we would have had a chance if we didn't turn the ball over 3 times..

Was it the Aggie game where we rested our 1st team defense in the 4th quarter and A&M went on a 90 yard drive?


DrMongoose

I am resigned to the fact Sam will be back next year and yet the offensive line in both RECRUITING and PLAY ON THE FIELD has been one of the weakest if not the weakest areas of the roster during his tenure as head coach.

Seriously, what is he brining to the table? what is he giving the program and that no one else can? What is he doing to justify his salary? Press Briefings and coaches shows?
Check your damn blood pressure!

"They've got to do a better job preparing our young men and putting them in positions to be succesful." - Hunter Yurachek 9/15/25

hit_that_line

Quote from: Piggielicious on Oct 29, 2024, 04:53 PMPoor blocking by the OL contributed to some of the turnovers.
QB guru handpicked a guy who just drops the ball or does several wtf things a game. That's not on the OL.

Lurk

Quote from: hit_that_line on Oct 29, 2024, 05:20 PMQB guru handpicked a guy who just drops the ball or does several wtf things a game. That's not on the OL.
You never drop a ball, do you?
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times."

Guardrail

Quote from: animal on Oct 29, 2024, 01:52 PMI knew this was coming. Actually I was going to make a video recording of my prediction of this post but got busy chatting online with babes
Thanks for eating all the chips, Kip
The same people demanding everyone embrace your beliefs, have zero tolerance and condemn another for embracing theirs.  Oh, the irony.

animal

Quote from: DrMongoose on Oct 29, 2024, 05:18 PMI am resigned to the fact Sam will be back next year and yet the offensive line in both RECRUITING and PLAY ON THE FIELD has been one of the weakest if not the weakest areas of the roster during his tenure as head coach.

Seriously, what is he brining to the table? what is he giving the program and that no one else can? What is he doing to justify his salary? Press Briefings and coaches shows?
Everyone knows it takes six seasons to get your players in place. :stache:

I watch a lot of SEC football and from what I am seeing there are a lot of terrible offensive lines out there right now. Arkansas' line is not great but it's much better than last season but the bar was so damn low. I think we are as of now with the current lineup a decentish middle of the pack SEC OL.

Harris is a decent tackle/OL guy I think he can round into a NFL prospect, Nichols a decent center that would be better as a guard if we can land a legit center out of the portal. Kutas allegedly is a good guard but hasn't been on the field enough to really make that proclamation. Blackstock could potentially still develop into a good guard and presumably would be penciled in as one of the guards replacing Braun next season. So we'll need another tackle to replace Carmona. From what I can see Carmona has been the biggest disappointment on the line.


Where this gets rough is even under Bert we had legit NFL prospects on the offensive line nearly every season he was here. I'm not sure that's the case right now but probably are a couple late rounders on the roster. The current roster is loaded with OL guys that are mostly young guys...I reckon someone hopes they are developed but Pittman has been awful at retaining lineman and developing them. A few have moved on and are starting on other rosters. I hope we aren't pinning our hopes on Josh Street being a starting tackle next season.




"I got fired for using free speech" yea imagine getting killed over it